A hose coupling is a connector that joins one hose to another in sprinkler systems or equipment. They are made in various types and are widely utilized in the water, chemical, and oil and gas industries. Hose couplings are built from a variety of materials, including brass, steel, stainless steel, aluminum, and plastic, depending on the service required. The purpose of this article is to provide basic information about different types of hose couplings used in oil and gas applications.
Purpose of Hose Couplings
Couplings can be utilized in a variety of applications, including:
- Tanker connection for loading and unloading.
- Connection for purging and flushing.
- Inside the fire prevention system
Different Types of Hose Couplings:
Hose couplings of the following types are commonly used:
Elaflex manufactures these hose couplings, which are utilized in petrol station equipment, tank truck equipment, aircraft refueling, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, LPG refueling, marine applications, rail tankers, and oil and gas applications. Elaflex hose couplings’ main characteristics are
- Elaflex hose couplings are available in sizes ranging from ½ to 4
- Threaded and flanged pipe connections are examples of pipe connection types.
- Pressure classifications range from 150# to 300# (Working pressure up to 25 bar)
- Elaflex coupling materials include brass (for non-sour service) and stainless steel (for sour service).
- Manufacturing Standard API RP 1004/EN 14420
- Sizes range from 3/4 to 6
- Types of pipe connections include threaded and flanged.
- 150# and 300# pressure classes (Working pressure up to 25 bar)
- Construction materials include brass, stainless steel, aluminum, hastelloy C, and other materials upon request.
- Manufacturing Standards EN 13480 and EN 13445
- Because of the integral check valve, TODO couplings are used for tanker unloading connections into tanks or vessels.
- Elaflex couplings are used to connect tankers to a tank or pit.
Cam & Groove (Camlock) Couplings:
- Sizes range from 1/2″ to 6″.
- The threaded pipe connection type
- 150# pressure class (working pressure up to 17 bar).
- The construction materials include brass, stainless steel, and aluminum.
Carter couplings are commonly found in the following applications:
- LNG tanker refueling
- Aircraft refueling
Pipingmart is B2B portal specializes in industrial, metal and piping products. Also, share latest information and news related to products, materials and different types grades to help business dealing in this industry.